Local SEO Checklist for Small Businesses – Boost Your Local SEO
Local SEO Checklist for Small Businesses
Even if your business is small, you can still reach a lot more people and turn them into your customers. Implementing proper local SEO practices enables you to gain a foothold in the immediate local market. From that solid foundation, you can then expand and sell across a wider area.
Why Local SEO Matters For Your Business
Ideally, you want everyone who visits your website to be a prospective customer. Someone who is actively looking for what you have to offer. Using good local SEO practices greatly improves the chances of a high percentage of people who find your site fitting into that category.
Businesses who do not have an online presence, miss out on a huge amount of work. When people need a local service or product, 97% of them look online. Of those, 72% of them end up making contact or visiting a local store. Around 78% of local mobile searches result in a sale. So, no business can afford to ignore the power of online marketing.
If you are not working to rank high in the search engine results, you are inadvertently sending prospective customers to your competitors’ businesses. This is because when your website ranks below theirs most people will click through and visit your competitor´s website instead of yours. Inevitably they will be more likely to buy from them rather than you.
The same thing will happen if your competitor´s business is listed on Google maps and yours is not. Even if you have added yourself, if you have not optimized your listing, your competitors will grab the attention of potential customers before you can do so.
A Checklist for Boosting Your Local SEO
If you want to boost your site and Google Maps rankings you need to get all of the following sorted out and maintain it:
- Loading speed – fast websites rank higher than slower ones do
- Mobile device friendly – most people search for local services using their mobile phone, so your site must function well on a small screen
- Add Google Analytics tracking – without this tracking improving your site is impossible
- Sitemap – if you have no sitemap the search engines may not know about some of your pages, so will not display them
- No Error 404 messages – if visitors get presented with 404 pages they will click away from you and visit your competitor’s website
- Schema – tells the search engines more about your website
- Image optimization – tells the search engine more about what each page is about
- Well-organized location pages – location pages ensure that people from all local neighbourhoods can find you
- Home page, About page, and Contact pages – these ensure your business can be trusted by people and the search engines
- NAP visibility and Google Maps – ensures local searchers can find and get directions to your business
- Localized content – articles and content that include targeted local keywords ensures that your site gets found by people looking for local services
- Meta data optimization – optimized meta data helps you to stand out even more in the search results
- Citations and Link Building – links and citations help you to beat your competitors to the top of the search results
- Social media presence – engaging with your customers via social media using regular up to date and relevant posts generate repeat sales
- Encouraging customers to provide reviews – reviews and testimonials help people to trust you and want to buy from you
You cannot afford to get any of the above wrong. If you do and your competitor does not, they will outrank you. People will click through to their site, rather than yours and buy from them.
Few small business owners have the time or expertise to take care of all of this.
Fortunately, there is a simple and affordable solution…
Let My SEO Sucks improve your local SEO today. Optimize your business’s website now with a local SEO checklist.
Consult with My SEO Sucks to Improve Your Local SEO
We will carry out a full site audit. Then, draw up an easy to follow SEO checklist and walk you through it step by step.
You also get access to a killer piece of SEO software that will enable you to generate more leads, boost your market visibility, and increase customer engagement.
You just have to schedule a demo now with me.
PRO TIP :
“78 percent of local mobile searches lead to offline purchases.”
FAQ’s on Local SEO Checklist to Boost your Small Business
Why is local SEO important?
Local SEO is important because around 97% of people search online when they need to buy a service or product locally. Without good SEO practices, a firm´s website and Google Map listings simply won´t rank high enough to be found by potential customers. Local businesses who neglect Search Engine Optimization typically sell less via their websites than companies that pay attention to SEO.
Why do I need a local SEO checklist?
A local SEO checklist will keep you organized. Using one is a good way to ensure that you do not forget to do any of the important tasks that are needed for your local business to be discovered via the search results.
How can local SEO help my small business?
Local SEO can help any small business to be found and used by more people. It is the best way to make sure that when someone, in your area, searches for something online it is your website they find. Good SEO practices also push your Google Map listing up the results.